[TowerTalk] Tower base advise

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower base advise
From: "AB7R" <ab7r@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 16:10:21 -0700
Not sure if I over did this or not.  My neighbor brought his backhoe over
this afternoon to dig the foundation for my HG-70HD tower and raising
fixture.

The specs only call for a 4x4x8 hole.  While we did not quite hit 8ft (a bit
over 7 in the middle), the dimensions came to 6.5 x 6.5.  Thats 270 cubic ft
vice 128.  Is the slightly shallower depth going to make a big difference?
I attached a couple pics.

I hope to schedule the concrete pour for this week.  4000 psi and gonna have
it poured pretty wet.  Do I need to get one of those vibrating things or is
pouring it wet sufficient?

Thanks
Greg