Re: [TowerTalk] Turnbuckles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Turnbuckles
From: "Blake M" <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 20:34:52 -0400
From: <wb4mle@ctvea.net>

> You may wish to use a piece of wire rope (hell to cut) laced through
> the thimbles, turnbuckle centers and the anchor rod eye with a crimped
> splice to act as a safety catch if a part fails or is loosened. Some
> installers that use preforms loop the guy tail through the eye and
> crimp it/them to each other.

I now use 3 cable clamps (each), on 1/4" EHS loops that go through my
turnbuckles.  However, since I've recently got all of the guys are properly
tensioned, I thought about taking the welder around and making the loops
"permanent".

If someone has the will and ability to cut the loops, they'll also be able
to cut the guys....

Wish I had that kindof free-time.

73,
Blake N4GI