[TowerTalk] Tower in the woods

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower in the woods
From: Doug Hansel <mustbhe@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:02:38 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry for this slightly weird first post, but I have
an XYL that is decidedly "tower unfriendly" and has
told me that I can put one up as long as she doesn't
see it, which basically means she doesn't want it
strapped to the house and would really prefer to not
trip over guy wires while strolling in our yard.  I
respect that, and luckily, I have a 4 acre plot, so
I'm thinking I can make this work.  My question is to
any of you who have successfully erected "stealth
towers" in the woods... how much clearance did you
give yourself from the trees?  how much from the
guys... etc? any thoughts and words of wisdom?
Obviously clearing the forest out with a chainsaw is
not really a good option either.
I realize this question can only solicit opinions and
recommendations, not hard and fast answers, but I'm
just seeking advice.

I'll be putting up 60 feet of Rohn 25G with a 3
element steppir wich I have already aquired....

Thanks for any advice,
Doug AA1UI

http://mail.yahoo.com