[TowerTalk] re coax jumpers help

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] re coax jumpers help
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:15:27 +0000
hi Tommy,

I checked the cablexperts price and they now want $23 for one 3 foot 213
jumper with the uhf males on the ends!  ouch, what are the raw materials
costing, around $7?--that's a nice profit.  I know dx engineering is also
way over priced.   you asked about vendors--I would call Tower Electronics
in Green Bay Wisc. at 1-800-662-3422 and ask them--they do not have jumpers
in their online catalog, but they have them for sale at hamfests and I have
bought their 8X jumpers before and they were well done.  I think they have
213 jumpers also.  However, if it is possible for you to do it, I would get
about 35 or 40 silver plated males, and the necessary length of belden 213
with extra added for errors, and make them up.  If ur rusty, after messing
up the first 3 or 4 you'll get the hang of it and it will become a process.
fix up a couple a day and you'll have 15 in about a week.  if you use 213
for all of them they'll all be interchangeable, handle all ur power, and 213
is the easiest to solder on to and you won't need the 8X or 58U adapters.
   Get a pair of Kline coax cutters, xacto knife, silver rosin solder, small
hand torch, vise to hold the cable with, pair of pliars, steel brush, and
ohm meter to check for shorts/continuity and you'll be all set.

rob / k5uj

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.  Get a free 90-day trial!
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail