Re: [TowerTalk] Single Line Tram System - Ideas Please

To: "'TowerTalk Reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Single Line Tram System - Ideas Please
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:54:02 -0500

>   What have others done here to "balance" an antenna while
> using a single line tram?
>
>   Lee - K0WA

I put a pulley on the tram line and run the line to the top of the mast.
Backguying the mast, of course.

I run a halyard line to a pulley at the top of the mast and down to the
ground.

I make up a rope harness that extends out approximately equidistant from the
boom center of gravity(cg).  I make a slip knot in the harness at the CG to
make an attachment loop.  I connect it to the pulley and attach the halyard
line to it.

I usually have two tag lines on the boom far enough out for ground crew to
easily control from the ground, but close enough to the boom-mast plate to
reach to release once the beam is attached to the mast.

Seems to work fine for TH6, A3 and C3E and 70' tower.

73,
Dale, kg5u