Re: [TowerTalk] Behringer RFI

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>,"Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Behringer RFI
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:24:49 -0700
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 00:00:27 -0000, W3YY wrote:

>I have Mackie's in my home recording studio, but the
>Behrigner's seemed perfect (high quality/low cost) for the ham
>shack.

Behringer is NOT in any way high quality, but it is low cost. Mackie
and Aphex are two companies who took successful legal action against
Behringer, but they are FAR from the only companies whose products
were copied (right down to the use of Mackie's OEM parts made
specifically for Mackie and mistakes on the circuit board). It's a
lot easier to sell a product for less money if you don't have to pay
engineers to do the design, use cheap parts and cheap construction,
and don't provide support for the product. Again, you can find
documentation of this stuff with a google search. Aphex won in a
German court, and Mackie settled out of court.

Jim Brown K9YC