[TowerTalk] Strange problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Strange problem
From: "Carol Richards" <n2mm@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:10:40 -0400
Hello....

I recently put a new rf choke on my 204ba ( 12 turns, 11 inch diameter as per
the hy gain manual) and 135 feet of 1/2 inch hardline. Swr is good, directivity
is fine. Problem....the 204ba at 90 feet is 10 to 20 db down on the short path
to EU as compared to my TH6DXX at 50 feet. (as reported by the europeans).

Question....is this just a propagation problem or is there another problem? The
choke is made of new RG 213 and the short piece of coax to the panel is also
new RG 213. Any help?   I am getting frustrated fast.

Carol