[TowerTalk] 2m/70cm beam on HF Tribander boom

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2m/70cm beam on HF Tribander boom
From: Todd Coulter <coulter@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 9:06:50 -0500
I am considering incorporating a Cushcraft A2706S 2m/70cm beam(3 elements on
both band) onto an existing Cushcraft A3S boom. The elements would be directly
attached to the A3S boom(2m on one side and 70cm on the opposite side) and
would not use the boom supplied with the A2706S. I got this idea from looking
at the Cushcraft model A627013S which is a 6m horizontally polarized yagi with
a 2m/70cm vertically polarized yagi  on the same boom. The 2m/70cm beam would
be vertically polarized while the A3S would be horizontally polarized similar
to the A627013S. I had planned on locating the 2m/70cm yagi infront of the
driven element, but if it would be better to mount it between the reflector and
the driven element that would be ok also.

Because of current restrictions, the 2m/70cm beam can not be mounted above the
A3S.

Has anyone ever done something similar to this, and would the 2m/70cm beam
cause problems with the pattern or any other negative interaction with the A3S??

Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

                                                              Todd
                                                              N4JRZ