Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted v vs dipole at different heights

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted v vs dipole at different heights
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 18:01:47 -0600
I just noticed in your post you said that your sweep display looks like
a pocket comb. That's the same information you would get from the PSK31
waterfall I was suggesting.

This is a good indication that your noise source is not random. Probably
from something close by, powered by 120 VAC. It's time to start looking
for that source. Start by pulling all the AC breakers you can in your
house to see if it is generated from within your house. You may have to
use a portable radio and a directional antenna to find it.  It could be
a bad insulator on a power pole also.

Jerry, K4SAV