Re: [TowerTalk] Radials on a fence and weatherproofing connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w2irt@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radials on a fence and weatherproofing connectors
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:11:35 EST

In a message dated 11/20/2006 6:20:38 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  My second question is weatherproofing connectors: Reading  through the
archives I saw a method of doing this that I was planning on  using: 1
layer of Super 88 tape, a layer of 3M 130C self-annealing tape  then
two layers of Super-88 counter-wrapped on top. Is this a good way to
go, do you think? Is there something better, maybe? Until now I've
just used Coax-Seal predominantly, but I suspect the 130C/Super 88 is
a better solution. Agree? Disagree?

    Well, I don't like Coaxseal because once it's  applied directly on a
connector, you can't get it off. But your described  method is exactly the way
do it. Whether you use Coaxseal or another type  of butyl rubber vapor wrap,
you'll have a bombproof joint.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH