Re: [TowerTalk] Computer RFI

To: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Computer RFI
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:04:45 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:50:39 -0500, "K8RI on TowerTalk"
 <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net> wrote:

>> Don't forget keyboard/mouse cables.  The keyboard cable in particular can
>> create some very nice hash.
>
>But that should go on and off with the computer. His goes on and off when
>the computer is plugged in.

That depends on the computer power setup. Some keyboards and mice
remain on so you can bring the computer out of standby by pressing a
key or moving the mouse.

I haven't had this problem, but I'd think you could unplug the
keyboard and/or mouse to check if they are the source.

Bill, W6WRT