[TowerTalk] interaction... continued

To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] interaction... continued
From: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 20:16:52 -0700
I just ran a test with my neighbor who is ~ 1/2 mile away. I had
him turn his antenna away and xmit at his lowest power. I then
compared the 2 (WARC dipole and the array) and found the dipole
to be only ~8 db down (I used the built in attenuator which I
would hope is pretty accurate - it was between 6 and 12 db of
attenuation and closer to 6). Disappointing results to say the
least.

I also noticed the lowest beam (this is 7 elements on 10) was
LESS than the dipole! One is at 91' and the other 41' but I sure
would not think that this beam would lower only 1/2 mile away.

thoughts anyone?

Would interaction of a single antenna, the WARC dipole at 91',
do
this much?

Could the guys be doing THIS much!? I do see swr effects as I
swing the antenna on 10 and 15. The guys are EHS but they have
insulators every 6'/14'/25'/25'/37' etc (ARRL recommendations).

Boy - a HUGE standard performing ~ 5 element single yagi made
out of 21 elements!

g.