Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 bracketed at 15'

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 bracketed at 15'
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 07:56:17 -0500
On 11/27/06 07:13 pm NY1E wrote:

> I am putting up a Rohn 25 tower with a house bracket
> at 15'. The windload will be 11 sq ft, A3, 6M beam and
> VHF vertical. I've heard some say you can go 35' above
> the bracket, but that sounds like alot. I'd like to
> get 40' up, 25 above the bracket, does that sound
> reasonable???

I have the 2004 Rohn catalog in PDF form, but I can't remember where I
found it.

Page 107 has a table for bracketed 25G. For a height of 40ft it shows
*two* brackets, one at 15', the other at 30'. This is claimed to support
11.3 sq.ft. @ 80mph with no ice.

(For a height of 100ft it shows an upper bracket at 66' -- there's your
"35' above the bracket" figure [close enough, anyway] -- but the
permitted antenna area is a mere 1.7 sq. ft. @ 70mph with no ice.)

And keep in mind that they undoubtedly expect the antenna to be
immediately at the top of the tower, not sticking out the top on a mast
several feet long.

73

Alan NV8A