[TowerTalk] Cap at the tower question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cap at the tower question
From: "Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:46:23 -0600
During the "What size rotor control cable" thread a few mentioned in their
answers mounting the Cap at the tower (or rotor) to eliminate the cable run to
the control box.  It has been my intention to mount the cap on the bottom of
the Hazer for two reasons. One the aforementioned elimination of the cable run
and the fact that I found a 130-156 MFD 330 VAC cap that is larger than the
original and will not fit in the control box.  So here is the question. Is
there a downside to mounting the cap outside?  I realize I have to come up with
a weather proof box and wire feed through but being the Department Manager of
the Electrical and Plumbing departments at my local Lowe's HIW makes that part
easy.

Your views and opinions are welcome.

Clint - W5CPT