Re: [TowerTalk] HF Vertical Opinions NEEDED...

To: K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HF Vertical Opinions NEEDED...
From: "Tim Kass" <timkass@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 08:57:27 -0500
Here in Ohio verticals don't do such a great job, poor soil, I have had many
vertical including the Hytower - I would recommend one of the mounted
verticals such as the Gap Titan or perhaps the Cushcraft R5 - the R5 is an
electrical 1/2 wave and does not require radials, the Gap is a 1/4 wave
vertical dipole, and also does not need radials...good luck..

73, Tim K8WBL

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in
session." Mark Twain