To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 48, Issue 1
From: Robert Chudek - KØRC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 10:07:39 -0600
De John - VK6JB,

There is one recommendation in the quote below that would be the FIRST step
I would take.

I suspect this new manager is reveling in his recently attained power. You
can see this in his action to send a letter instead of talking direct to you
about his perceived issue(s).

So the first thing I would do is "lawyer up"... Actually, a simple letter
back to him written by a lawyer on his letterhead will carry a significant
weight. It will also keep this issue private. The last thing you want to do
is shine a spotlight on this new manager because his natural tendency will
be to dig in and hold his position, whether he is right or wrong.

Keep it private in the beginning.

I used this technique with a neighbor who wanted me to pay the repair
charges to his car when he ran over my purebred sheepdog and killed him. I
received a letter from his insurance company. I lawyered up, composed a
letter for my attorney, which he re-wrote in more "compelling terms" and
sent back to the insurance company and the neighbor. That's the last I heard
about the issue.

There is incredible power in a legal letterhead that you can leverage to
your advantage. If this doesn't work, then follow the other recommendations
you were given.

Good luck in your resolution.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

<snip>