[TowerTalk] SteppIR MonstIR Modeling

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR MonstIR Modeling
From: "Paul Christensen" <>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 19:56:02 -0500
I am negotiating the placement of a 4-element MonstIR on top of a 200' tower at
the St. Johns inlet of the Atlantic Ocean.  If I proceed, only one antenna can
be used and it must be placed at the 200' level with no opportunity to go

Before moving further with negotiations, I want to ensure that the plots don't
produce some unintended consequences owing to the unusually high height on the
upper bands.   I realize that as height increases, the number of lobes along
with associated maxima and minima field strength increases.  DX is a concern,
stateside contesting is not.  Anyone willing to run some elevation profiles for
40M & 20M?  Tnx!

Paul, W9AC