Re: [TowerTalk] Cable ties, tape or both?

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable ties, tape or both?
From: <>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:12:30 -0500
There is definitely different quality in cable ties.  I have had very good
luck with ones made by Panduit.  I also have never experienced any crushing
problems that other's have mentioned in this tread.

To: "towertalk reflector"
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:08:59 -0800

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:38:22 -0500, Alan NV8A wrote:

>As has been mentioned here before, cable ties tend to crush the cable
>and electrical tape tends to come undone.

Don't take the UV resistance to the bank. I bought some blue tywraps that
were allegedly UV resistant at a hamfest last year. I left a few of them
sitting out in the sun for three months, they became brittle enough that
they broke when I tried to wrap them around a cable.

Jim K9YC