Re: [TowerTalk] replacement box/enclosure for MFJ RCS-8V switches

To: Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] replacement box/enclosure for MFJ RCS-8V switches
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:26:08 -0800
At 03:14 PM 12/4/2006, Don Havlicek wrote:
>Use a piece of flat aluminum plate, bending it to the correct angle
>and put screws through the plate into the side of the plastic relay box.
>Then mount the aluminum plate to a tower leg with a U-bolt.

It's actually going inside another box.

But, it's the "fabricate bracket" thing that I thought I might avoid,
if there were a suitable replacement box.  If there were a plastic
(or metal) box that matched the right dimensions, I can just drill
that box, screw it to the side of the enclosure, and be done with it.

You've given me a good idea, though.. I can probably use an off the
shelf angle bracket (which I have lots of) and attach it to where the
MFJ mast bracket normally goes.

Jim