Re: [TowerTalk] Grey PVC Loading Coil

To: "Michael Tope" <>,"Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grey PVC Loading Coil
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 07:50:28 -0800
At 07:05 AM 12/6/2006, Michael Tope wrote:

> [...]

Black PVC, or is it ABS DWV (drain, waste, vent), which is actually a
foam core, and even lower effective dielectric constant.  Although,
being black, and pigmented with carbon, and foam cored, it makes a
terrible insulator for HV use, particularly in electrostatic
machines.  But at the voltages you're likely to see in an antenna
system, it should be fine.  But in something like a Van deGraaff
generator with a few microamps at 500 kV, it is horrible.