Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV vs Yaesu

To: 'Joe - WDØM' <>,<>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV vs Yaesu
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:48:59 -0600
Have a Ham IV right now (in the box), just been refurbished, and had one abt 15
years ago as well.

Also used one while living as DX on Johnston Island WY5L/KH3 in the late 80's.

Never had any problems with one except the one I had 15 years ago I had to take
apart once and clean up. The grease had gotten old
and needed replacing, so I bought the recommended grease for the time and
re-greased it.

A friend of mine just gave me an old Hornet Tribander (TB-500), so this one is
about to go into service with that baby as soon as it
gets here, I get a Tower and I clean it the Hornet and press it into service.

Only draw back in today's world as I see it is that the Ham IV will not give me
a digital signal to be able to control from my
logging applications.

But, I read and speak analogue and it will readout the degrees in analogue.

  73 fer nw es gud DX,
Old calls: WY5L/KH3-KE5CTY-N5IET

FISTS: # 12637, SKCC# 2369
10X# 37210, FP#-1141