Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding of Amateur Radio installations

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding of Amateur Radio installations
From: kd4e <>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 16:03:06 -0500
>>> Having the power run underground a long way like you have will help a lot
>>> in reducing anything coming in on the power line as most of the energy will
>>> be coupled to ground by the long run.
>>> 73 Gary  K4FMX

I have a long underground power run as well.

I was warned that while it helps in one way it
may actually increase the possibility of ground
surge coupling.  WDYT?

I opted for the power company whole-house surge
protector and have tried to defend all of the
sensitive electronics with surge protectors and
UPS devices.

When a really heavy T-Storm is forecast we unplug
individual devices -- just to be sure -- otherwise
we trust that the protection devices will perform
as promised and warranteed.

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
... in sunny & warm Florida  :-)
Thank our brave soldiers this season: