Re: [TowerTalk] Roof Counterpoise

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Roof Counterpoise
From: kd4e <>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 16:50:16 -0500
Will you be running more than 100W?

I know with a wire counterpoise to a longwire antenna one
is warned to be sure the ends are insulated due to potential

I am guessing that the energy is more broadly distributed
with a mesh so that may not be a concern.

I am sure the gathered wise men & women here can weigh in
with greater technical and experiential knowledge!

>> Rather than running radial wires all over my roof, I was wondering if
>> anyone on the list has tried making a counterpoise system by placing
>> wire mesh (such as rabbit wire) on the underside of the roof in the
>> attic?

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
... in sunny & warm Florida  :-)
Thank our brave soldiers this season: