Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV vs Yaesu

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV vs Yaesu
From: "Clint Talmadge" <>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:44:47 -0600
You have hit on the crux of the problem with your question. Neither of the two
(used to be three till FX went away) can/will fix them.  Hot swaps are
impossible unless you own a spare.  That fact alone puts a Ham IV or one of
that ilk in my tower.  I remember the Create rotors were great till they broke
and then even the manufacturer couldn't help you.
If you really need/want the digital control, add one of the aftermarket
controllers and have the best of both worlds.

my 2 cents,
Clint - W5CPT