Re: [TowerTalk] Follow up on AM interference

To: "reflector -tower" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Follow up on AM interference
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:17:04 -0000
Sounds like front end overload or some kind of mixing inside the radio.
Does your tuning/matching circuit on the vertical have some narrow band
characteristics that is rejecting broadcast band stuff for you?  The tuner
in the radio could do the same thing, acting as a preselector to reduce the
AM signal enough to prevent mixing.

David Robbins K1TTT
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://