Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting 3/16" EHS..

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting 3/16" EHS..
From: "Donald Chester" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 21:19:45 +0000
When I put up my tower, I used a plain old hacksaw. I purchased a fine-tooth blade and a roll of the plastic tape used to seal parcels for shipping. At the point where I wanted to cut, I marked the cable with a permanent marker, wrapped a couple of layers of tape around it at that spot, steadied the cable in a vise or even a crack in the workbench, and sawed it in two. The tape prevented the strands from unwinding and fanning out as the cut was made. For a small project such as one tower, I wouldn't think it would be worthwhile to even spend $30 for a special tool to cut the wire.

A good sharp pair of bolt cutters will work well if you have them on hand. I would recommend the tape no matter how you cut the wire. EHS is a pain to work with, and seems to have a will of its own.

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.? Get a free 90-day trial!