Re: [TowerTalk] Follow up on AM interference

To: "Towertalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Follow up on AM interference
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:52:20 -0800
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:47:50 -0800, Tom Osborne wrote:

>The first post said that I am having problems with AM broadcast
>interference with my 80 meter dipole that was never there before.

Hi Tom,

Can you identify the AM broadcast station(s) involved? These products are
usually a mix, and can occur outside your own site. At my first QTH in WV,
I had an intermod product from 930 kHz (5 kW) and 1470 kHz (also 5 kW) on
3870 kHz. The two transmitters involved were within about a mile of each
other, and within about 1.5 miles of me. I knew the chief engineers of both
stations, and worked for one of them briefly as coop engineering student.
We never did track down the cause.

Jim Brown