[TowerTalk] Name that rotor

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Name that rotor
From: "Scott Honaker" <>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:13:52 -0700

Many years ago I found a lonely-looking rotor at a hamfest.  It was just the
rotor itself - no controller, manual, mast clamps, etc.  It was brand new, no
scratches or dirt and looked EXACTLY like one of the Orion 2800 rotors.  I just
couldn't leave it sit there.  It's been sitting all these years and now I'd
like to use it.

I have to assume it's an Orion 2800 with an AC motor.  Recently I found a
reference to an Orion 2300.  I couldn't find any picures so I don't know if
that looks similar.  If it looks similar, it's possible that's what I have.
The casting and mounting plate look identical to the 2800 pictures I find on
the web and mine has a 7-pin plug with all 7 wires present.  The only writing
on it is "US PAT." in the top of the rotor casting.

I need to accurately identify this unit, then find a matching controller.  The
controller problem seems solvable.  How do figure out exactly what I have?

Scott N7SS