Re: [TowerTalk] Bye bye CoaxSeal...

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bye bye CoaxSeal...
From: "Donald Chester" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 01:21:23 +0000
I once tried to use CoaxSeal to repair a break in a buried coax line. I wrapped the repair with coax seal, then coated the whole thing liberally with roofing cement, and then wrapped old fashioned cloth friction tape over the tar so that it wouldn't mix in with the dirt. Then I re-buried it. A couple of years later I ended up replacing the entire buried coax for an unrelated reason after discovering that it had high loss because rodents had eaten small holes in the outer jacket, allowing water to contaminate the wire. While I was at it, I disassembled my repair job to see how well it had held up. The whole thing was thoroughly impregnated with water, between the tar and coax seal, and between coax seal and the cable.

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.? Get a free 90-day trial!