Re: [TowerTalk] Code test eliminated

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Code test eliminated
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:36:12 -0500
> So can someone really say with a straight face that because
> they passed a 20wpm cw test, they are a better ham operator
> than another who did only 5wpm or didn't take a cw test at all?

Yes, the discipline to learn CW at 20 WPM 30 plus years ago when
I hated it made me a far better operator, ham, and person than
the ability to memorize my way to an Extra class license as it
would be today.

Those who obtain a benefit without significant effort are not
likely to value it as highly as those who made a major effort.

   ... Joe, W4TV