Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4-square materials

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4-square materials
From: Jim Vining <>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:03:35 -0500
Hi David,

         The way I do my 4 sq for 80 mtrs is I have a 132 ft vertical
made out of
100 ft of rohn 25 and 32 ft of Alum mast and some smaller alum tubing. I have
3 guy levels with Philly an the tower sits on 3 max-gain nylon
insulators. From the
top of this tower I have 4 nylon ropes going to guy points every 90
deg. From these
ropes I suspend 4 - 66 ft pieces of  #10 copper wire spaced for my 66
ft square. I
then buried abt 5 miles of radial wire to make the radial system for my 80 mtr
4-sq and my full size 160 mtr vertical. The entire system works quite well.
         If I did this again, I would put up a 200 ft tower with no
insulators and I would
suspend wire 4-squares for both 80 & 160 from this support. And I
would also put
a rotor and 40 mtr beam on the top of the 200 ft tower.

                                                 Jim  N8JV