[TowerTalk] A DC in Coax Question

To: "TowerTalk" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A DC in Coax Question
From: "Larry Comden" <lcomden@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 16:41:42 -0500
TTers.

I have built and used several copies of the DC injection and recovery for coax
as designed by AD5X and published in a recent QST article.

There haven't been any problems YET. I'm concerned that at some frequency I'll
end up with a series resonant circuit shunting lots of RF to ground.

How can I check for such a situation? And can I check just the unit connected
to a dummy lod or will each antenna /feedline combo have to be checked? The
latter might be difficult since our club uses these gadgets at Field Day, PA
QSO Party, etc.to power tuners and antenna switches.

TIA & 73

Larry K3VX