Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4-square materials

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <>,<>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4-square materials
From: "Bob Maser" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:40:17 -0500
With all due respects, that is B.S.  When I finally took my 63 ft verticals
down, I untied the last remaining guys, the ones that were at the 35' level
and jumped back thinking they would come crashing down.  To my surprise,
they stayed up.  Since I was not going to take the tubing with me, I grabbed
one of the top guys and pulled.  The damn things didn't buckle until the
tips were close to the ground.  Maybe this was because I had sleeved them
internally with some steel conduit for the first 6 feet. True story.

Bob W6TR