Re: [TowerTalk] K9AY loops-- phased

To: towertalk@contesting.com, j.sz@transam.home.pl
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K9AY loops-- phased
From: Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:02:40 -0500

Joe, SP9P's report on the sp3key quad-phased K9AY loops is
interesting, and prompts questions.

1)  Has anyone modelled this?  What is the resulting
pattern, in any one direction?

2)  I would assume that the pattern is tightened, and f/b
improved.  Does this result in front-side coverage holes?

3)  My crossed AY loops worked ok...and had deep nulls, but
only very seldom did an offending station land in one.  As
a result, I concluded that ONE AY loop, rotatable, was better.
    Is that same effect noticed at sp3key club?

4)  The discussion doesn't talk about frequency.  Yet the loop
terminations need to vary, to optimize performance at 3.5 or 1.8.
What provision is made for 'tuning' the loop termination?

N2EA