Re: [TowerTalk] Ham series rotor

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham series rotor
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:59:24 -0500
They may differ slightly from model to model and some may be heavier than
others, but when inside I've noted very little difference from the old Ham-M
to the Tail twister.

Jake has some good advise.

> Clint,  The site has online manuals available for a lot of
> their gear. Might be your best bet. If it is like the Ham V, make sure you
> have it over an old towel or cake pan to catch the ball bearings that may
> fall out of the races. I've never had a Ham II apart so don't know if/how
> many bearings there are. Oh, and mark the upper and lower housings with a
> pencil or marker so you get them back together the same, and make note of
> where the directional pot is sitting when you take it apart. I usually
> would run the rotor all the way in one direction and then back it up just
> a touch. Makes it easier to put the housings back together.

As an added note...Make that mark go across the bottom, not just the bearing

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2 (Use return address from home page)