Re: [TowerTalk] Very Old Grease Characteristics

To: "'Pat Barthelow'" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Very Old Grease Characteristics
From: "Michael Baker" <k7ddmjb@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:48:59 -0700
Hi Pat,
        WOW, a 30 METER DISH!  Man, to feed a gallon of 1296 energy into
that towards the moon should be hearable!  FM on a HandHeld would be
readable!!
        Well, to your problem.  My darling wife listened to me read your
e-mail and responded, "they need an ultrasonic hammer to rattle the pin for
a few days until it breaks up all the lube and see if it frees it up." To
which I thought why not do that but also hook up a small pump with some type
of solvent that would be forced into the void via the Zerks as the old lube
breaks up and flushes it out and then re-lube it with the lubes suggested by
another fellow here on the reflector. Don't know if it would work or not but
it is a less assaultive approach to the problem. No "get a larger hammer
approach."
        Best of luck.

Michael Baker  K7DD
k7ddmjb@qwest.net