Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guy Design

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Guy Design
From: "Donald Chester" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 00:21:03 +0000
It is a good idea to use the steel cable at the ground end up to a height of
20' or so from the ground.  Phillystran is very easy to vandalise.  I used a
short piece the other day as a temporary substitute for a broken ceramic
insulator.  I was able to easily cut it to length using a single-edge razor
blade.  A sharp pocketknife would work just as well.  Also, I once had a
stray dog come onto the property and chew in two, a piece of RG-59 I was
using as a TV antenna lead-in.  I'm sure Phillystran could be chewed in two
just as easily.  It wouldn't take much of a grass fire to burn the stuff.
It is not very resistant to abrasion.  I have seen the outer jacket tear
open with nothing more than what I would consider normal handling.  You
need to keep it well out of reach of animal and human intruders as well as

Don k4kyv

The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here.  Get all the scoop.