[TowerTalk] Mast Guying Options

To: "Towertalk submit" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast Guying Options
From: "K0SN" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 12:30:41 -0600
Hi Folks:
I am planning to erect a 60' mast made from 3" aluminum tubing.
It  is going to be placed atop a 40 foot concrete silo and used to
support a couple wire antennas. The models indicate that using conductive
will severely degrade the antenna performance. So looking at using either
3/16 (770 lb. pull strength)or 5/16 (1700 lb.)dacron for guys, as opposed to
Phillystran because of the cost.
Just not sure how much I can trust the dacron's longevity. Thoughts or
suggestions here? Any input would be appreciated.

Tom K0SN
Porterfield, WI