Re: [TowerTalk] HG-50MT2 banging and clanging

To: "Rick A." <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HG-50MT2 banging and clanging
From: "Bob Newton W5RN" <>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:56:55 -0800
Hi Rick,

I have the 35 foot version and it has always banged around when the wind
gets up. Doesn't take too much, either. I bought my tower new and as far
as I know there are no pads to wear out. It is just a metal guide welded
to the lower part of the tower leg for each section. I lower mine a lot
of the times and then jam a piece of wood between the sections to keep
them from moving. Other wise, either learn to live with it or, worst
case scenario, take out the hearing aids like I do and you won't be
bothered by a thing!

Bob W5RN