[TowerTalk] Lightning

Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning
From: "Roger Kissel" <>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 22:45:22 -0500
Hi Again

With talk about lightning protection, I recall seeing a site showing a static dissipator that looked like a fuzzy ball, placed atop the tower. It supposedly dissipates the corona charge on the tower so the lightning doesn't strike the tower. I kinda shrugged and passed on from it. I found it while I was surfing for Rohn 45.

It consisted of a brush made out of about 200 (says them) stainless steel wires, crimped into a holder, each bent so that the resultant product looked kinda like a 'feather-duster'.

Does anybody know what this product is called ?

Find sales, coupons, and free shipping, all in one place! ?MSN Shopping Sales & Deals,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200639