[TowerTalk] More - KENPRO KR2000 Rotor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] More - KENPRO KR2000 Rotor
From: "Roger Kissel" <kc8hz@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 00:25:59 -0500
Hi Again

I've been asking lots of questions and have been getting lots of diverse
inputs. I'll simply evaluate what I've been told and make up my mind as I
go.

Thanks to everybody who has responded.

I have a KENPRO KR2000 Rotor which was quite good when I put it up. It
easily turned a TH3 and TH6DXX.  I believe it to be better than the old
HyGains rotors.  When the tower blew down, I put it in the barn along with
everything that was left over and was off the air for a number of years.
Getting the bug to get back on, I've decided to put up a tall tower and dug
out the rotor. I found the control box but cannot find the coable with the
connector on it. It's an 8 pin connector but being japanese, I have no idea
what their spec is for it. I understand that KENROTOR is no longer in
business and I can't find anyone with one of these connectors.

Does anyone know if the connector is available in the US ?

If I can't find one, I can simply remove the existing connector from the
rotor and replace it with something that Cinch (or some other company) would
make. I might have to machine the housing to mount something different but
that's not a problem for me. And there is lots of room on the housing for
modifications.

73
RoGrrr

Communicate instantly! Use your Hotmail address to sign into Windows Live
Messenger now. http://get.live.com/messenger/overview