[TowerTalk] RE : Tower inspection failed for not having antennas!

Subject: [TowerTalk] RE : Tower inspection failed for not having antennas!
From: "Donald Chester" <>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 23:42:59 +0000
Tell them you are using the tower itself as a vertical radiator.  It would
be hard to argue with that.

I have 127' of Rohn 25 on my property.  The guy wires are broken up with
insulators and the whole thing sits on a base insulator.  The only "antenna"
I have on it is a 135' dipole suspended at the 119' level.

One day I had a knock at the door.  A young man told me he had been noticing
my tower for over a year, and since I didn't have an antenna on it (the
dipole must have looked like an extra  set of guy wires), he was wondering
if I would give it to him for taking it down.  I suspect he was a CB'er, but
he didn't say what he wanted it for.

I hesitated for a moment as if I were mulling in over in my mind, and  then
replied, "No, I think I'll just keep the tower.  I might decide to put an
antenna up there one of these days."

Don k4kyv

The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here.  Get all the scoop.