[TowerTalk] Coax Connectors - tool numbers

Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax Connectors - tool numbers
From: Dennis OConnor <>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 04:12:32 -0800 (PST)
Well, I looked at the tools when I got home last night...
  I got the tool and dies from:
  The crimp-on PL259 for RG213 is the RFU-507
  The crimper tool is the RFA4005.20
  I have the die sets for RG213, RG400, which is the RFA4005-02
  and for RG58 which is the RFA4005-01
  and for type N is the RFA4005-10
  The coax stripper I have had for some time and is the UT-8000 Cablematic...
I think I got it from DXEngineering a while back, around $40 as I remember.. I
also have a couple of the plastic handle types at about $16.. They all work...
  I get my RG213 non contaminating from Davis RF
  I get my 600 ohm line from W7FG
  I get my good looks from momma
  Now, there will be some who will complain that this tool is not milspec
aerospace... They are correct in that... It is also 1/10 the price of an
aerospace tool... I cannot see the difference between the connections I make
and the ones the radio shop has done on my airplane with their milspec
aerospace tool...  This is a good solid tool and I am pleased to have it..
  denny / k8do

Do You Yahoo!?