Re: [TowerTalk] KLM 4-element 40 question...Answer

To: n5ot@n5ot.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KLM 4-element 40 question...Answer
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:22:29 EST
I owned two of these beasts for fifteen years and am familiar with the
process.

What I did was to lower the antenna down about ten feet from its  position on
the mast (lower if it is guyed lower) and sort of swing and tilt the  antenna
closer to the tower by the "armstrong" method, and as it gets closer, by
hooking a rope over the element to pull it closer.  I replaced a couple of
zapped by lightning baluns this way.  I did all the work one man so I  know it
can
be done that way.

It is a pain in the butt!

Bill K4XS/KH7XS