Re: [TowerTalk] KLM 4-element 40 question

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KLM 4-element 40 question
From: Doug Renwick <>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 07:30:54 -0600

I remember doing the same thing once when I had my KLM 4L
40m beam up at 110 feet.  Walking out on a support with my
belt looped around the boom and a lanyard attached to the
tower.  Some time later I set up to do it again but
chickened out - it just didn't feel safe so I aborted the

Here are some photos of how K4JNY does it at 120 feet.
Yes, Jeff has no fear. I don't think I could do it.
Thanks to W4NZ for taking the photos.

-Kirk  K4RO

<Sorry if this is a dupe.  My first try seems to have
failed. >

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 10:31:24AM -0600, Mark Beckwith
> TT:
> I know the answer to this question is lurking here
someplace.  I need to repair a guy's KLM 4-40 feedpoint.
Can you reach all of that from the tower/mast or am I going
to have to be prepared to take the antenna down?  It's been
over 10 years since I saw one of these up-close and I forget
the answer :)
> Mark, N5OT

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Date: 1/3/2007 1:34 PM