Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Selection Advice Wanted - Heavy Duty

To: "Stone, Gary R." <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Selection Advice Wanted - Heavy Duty
From: "Rick Karlquist" <>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:21:12 -0800 (PST)
I have a MonstIR that I am putting on an HDX5106.  I am going
to use the M2 rotator that I got with the tower.  If it breaks,
I am going to replace it with a prop pitch.  The ProSisTel will
not fit into my tower.  Probably not even a 689.  Neither will
the large Alfa Spid, and the smaller one is not strong enough.
AFAIK, there are no other alternatives, unless you want to mount
a ProSisTel or large Alfa on top of the tower.  Then the rotor
has to take all that extra stress, or you have to build a superstructure
on top of the tower with a bearing above the rotor.

Rick N6RK