Re: [TowerTalk] W2DU Balun Bead Source

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] W2DU Balun Bead Source
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:30:23 -0600
Well I guess if no one else is going to say it, I will. The reason your
balun got hot is because you put in in series with your signal not in
series with common mode currents.  You can't put a balun on a 160 meter
T antenna.  When you short the center to the shield of your 80 meter
inverted vee and feed the whole thing against your tuner ground, there
are no common mode currents, everything is single ended.  Any balun you
put on the coax will be directly in series with the main signal current
to the antenna.

Jerry, K4SAV