Re: [TowerTalk] W2DU Balun Bead Source

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] W2DU Balun Bead Source
From: "Cecil Moore" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:21:28 -0600
>From: K4SAV <>
>Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] W2DU Balun Bead Source
>Well I guess if no one else is going to say it, I will. The reason your
>balun got hot is because you put in in series with your signal not in
>series with common mode currents.  You can't put a balun on a 160 meter
>T antenna.

Wow, I missed that. Jerry, you probably should change your "can't do that"
statement to a
"you'll be sorry if you do" statement. :-) A T-antenna turns the coax into a
radiating element.
One will certainly be sorry if one tries to choke a radiating element.
73, Cecil,

Your Hotmail address already works to sign into Windows Live Messenger! Get
it now