Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower TMM series 541SS

To: towertalk@contesting.com, kinzli@kinzlicoils.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower TMM series 541SS
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:36:57 EST

In a message dated 1/10/2007 8:21:38 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I'm looking at towers, doing some research on what tower to  use.

>  The US Tower 541SS (TMM series) looks great, because it  cranks down to
12 feet (perfect) - but the windload rating is 12sqft and 50  pounds.
The antenna I want to put on it is 9 square feet, but 85 pounds.  I'm
wondering how this would go. So far my questions to US Tower have  gone
unanswered.

    At what windspeed? I think the specs are for 70  MPH or less. What's your
county windspeed rating? If you don't know, you can  look it up at
_http://www.championradio.com/windspeed.php_
(http://www.championradio.com/windspeed.php) .  In any case it sounds like the
tower will be overloaded with your
proposed  installation.

>  Any ideas? I would like to use this as a  self-supporting structure,
nothing but base.

    The Trylon Titan self-supporters are the best  value around and offer
lots of capacity (depending on the height) and a  moderate price - probably
half
of an equivalent crank-up. _http://www.championradio.com/towers.html_
(http://www.championradio.com/towers.html)

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
Cell: 206-890-4188

PS - There was a recent 15% price increase which is not currently reflected
on the posted prices, sorry.