Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn TB3 or TB4

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn TB3 or TB4
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:20:04 -0500
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:08:00 -0500 "Roger Kissel" <>
> So you're all saying that lubrication should not be used with a Rohn
> thrust bearing ?
> For the time being, I have built back the bad races with TIG and am
> going to remachine the grooves and use new balls and see if I can reuse
> bearing.  If not, I'll put up a STEEL bearing.

An article by K1IR on repairing a "stuck" Rohn TB-3 thrustbearing was
first posted on TowerTalk, and then printed in NCJ. Here's the link to
the TowerTalk posting:

Fred Hopengarten K1VR
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
781/259-0088; FAX 419/858-2421